Congratulations December Ponce Member of the Month – Jo Hodges
Unbroken Squat Cleans, 135/95
Lateral Burpees over the bar
Move down each rung of the ladder until completion.
(10 SC, 10 Burp, 9 SC, 9 Burp and so on..
EMOM x 10
10 Close Grip OHS – you choose the weight, hands double thumb distance apart.
Bring a Friend Day – Thurs, Dec 12th – All Classes
Jo Hodges – Ponce Member of the Month
Jo shows up for class with a huge smile on her face and is always ready to put the work in, no matter how bad the workout is. She gives 110% in every workout and is always eager to learn and improve. Her hard work and dedication hasn’t gone un-noticed. Keep up the great work Jo!
2. What do you do for a living?
– Consulting for nonprofits, primarily on fundraising. I started my own practice 3 years ago.
3. How long have you been a member at BTB?
– 9 months
4. Did you workout prior to joining BTB? If so, Where?
– Yes! Off and on. I tried it all. LA Fitness and personal training
5. What made you try CrossFit?
– My dear friend Malia is an instructor in Sandy Springs. She even came with me to my trial class at BTB. I still text her when I go to each class!
6. What is your biggest CrossFit accomplishment?
– Kettle Bell Swings. I’ve enjoyed the KB class and am excited I am at RX on the swings.
7. What is your biggest accomplishment outside of the box that you feel CrossFit inspired or helped with?
– Every year on Thanksgiving since I was young, I’ve eaten pumpkin pie for breakfast while watching the parade. This year I went to the 8am WOD that day and skipped the pumpkin pie!
8. Do you get more excited over a Weightlifting PR or getting a better score on a WOD you’ve done multiple times?
– Weightlifting PR
9. What is your favorite lift?
– deadlift. It reminds me of picking up my kids when they throw tantrums.
10. What’s one movement you have to scale that you would like to RX?
– Box jumps.
11. What is your favorite WOD?
12. What is your least favorite WOD?
13. Did you ever think the a sport of fitness (CrossFit) would be for you?
– Never. I thought I was destined to hang out at a Curves or something with other ladies like me. I’m so glad I gave this a try!
14. If you can convince one person in your life to do CrossFit with you, who would it be?
– I gave up on my husband doing this, but did get my brother-in-law and sister to join near their house. And my 5-year old son James loves participating when he can in the WOD
15. What is your all time favorite food?
– I love French fries
16. What is something that nobody knows about you, and you would not mind sharing?
– Some know, but I was in elected office when I was 25. I was on city council in my hometown of Hapeville. I won the election by 3 votes.
17. What is your most memorable moment at BTB?
– A few weeks ago, my son James was with me during the WOD and decided to jump in on the 400 meter runs. When we were slowing down I asked him to motivate me and he yelled “You are too slow and you are making us late!” Great motivation!
18. Why BTB Fitness?
– I feel like I found a new family! I love the people, the support, and the amazing coaches. I love that each class is challenging and everyone supports each other. I also appreciate that I can bring my 1-year old to class and everyone has embraced her as my sidekick. This is the best gym!!