Binh has been a member at BTB Ponce for a little over 2 years. He’s an unlimited source of positive energy, super coachable and is always open to challenging himself each day. He hangs around before and after class to work on skills and mobility and looks to help other newer members with skills they are working on.
2. What do you do for a living?
3. How long have you been a member at BTB?
Started April 2013
4. Did you workout prior to joining BTB? If so, Where?
Yes. I used to run, and also work out at urban body
5. What made you try CrossFit?
I read about it online and it seemed like it would be really challenging and provide good results. I needed a change from my regular routine – felt like I hit a plateau and did not really enjoy working out anymore.
6. What is your biggest CrossFit accomplishment?
I signed up for the CrossFit open this year, and I was able to Rx for all 5 weeks. That was pretty awesome, as I had to hit PR’s to accomplish that. Ex. the cleans Rx weight was 185, and up until that point my 1 rep max clean was at 165.
7. What is your biggest accomplishment outside of the box that you feel CrossFit inspired or helped with?
Probably the biggest thing for me is actually how it affected my younger brother. I think when people initially start crossfit, they talk about it A LOT to everyone, at least I did, especially to my brother Bryan. Bryan has not been in the best shape, he never worked out and ate like crap. When I came home to visit, he noticed the changes in me, both mentally and physically. He started to work out and run on his own, and has since dropped 10 pounds. He told me that I inspired him to start taking care of himself. I’m happy for him and super proud.
8. Do you get more excited over a Weightlifting PR or getting a better score on a WOD you’ve done multiple times?
Weightlifting PR (because I suck at weights)
9. What is your favorite lift?
10. What’s one movement you have to scale that you would like to RX?
I don’t really have to scale any movements, except heavy weights 🙂
11. What is your favorite WOD?
Cindy (bodyweight movements are my strength)
12. What is your least favorite WOD?
Fran (I hate thrusters). Also 15.5 was horrible, verging on traumatic
13. Did you ever think the Sport of Fitness (CrossFit) would be for you?
Before I did it, probably no. It took me months after learning about it, before I built up the courage to try it out.
14. If you can convince one person in your life to do CrossFit with you, who would it be?
15. What is your all time favorite food?
16. What is something that nobody knows about you, and you would not mind sharing?
I think I have a nice ass
17. What is your most memorable moment at BTB?
First muscle up
18. Why BTB Fitness?
The people, coaches and members, I pretty much like all the people at BTB. Everyone is friendly and it’s such a supportive environment. I’ve never enjoyed any kind of workout regimen until I joined BTB. After 2 years I’m still going 5 times a week, and that’s a testament to how much I love it.