Annette has been training with BTB for 2.5 years now. The coaching staff have seen a HUGE improvement in your workouts and strength training since the beginning of the year. Your improvement since that time has been nothing short of phenomenal. You always show up to the gym (7am)with a smile on your face and are eager to learn. Besides increasing your attendance this year, you can tell you’ve been putting in the work to continue to improve on your weaknesses and be better all around athlete.
Be sure to congratulate Annette this week if you see her. Congratulations again and Keep up the Great work!
2. What do you do for a living?
I am a foot and ankle doctor (Podiatrist – Affiliated Foot and Ankle)
3. How long have you been a member at BTB?
4. Did you workout prior to joining BTB? If so, Where?
I had never belonged to a gym in my life till BTB. Prior to BTB, I relied on soccer and running for exercise.
5. What made you try CrossFit?
Our twins were 6 months old and life was pretty hectic. I needed to find something that I could fit into my busy schedule. I had friends that had done CrossFit and really liked it so I thought I would give it a try.
6. What is your biggest CrossFit accomplishment?
I had a private goal this last year of getting my pull-ups before the age of 40 and accomplished that.
7. What is your biggest accomplishment outside of the box that you feel CrossFit inspired or helped with?
No one big accomplishment, but being able to compete on a high level with 20-something year olds on the soccer field has been enjoyable.
8. Do you get more excited over a Weightlifting PR or getting a better score on a WOD you’ve done multiple times?
The most excited I have gotten was my recent front squat PR after the squat series we did, it was the only time I have ever rung that bell.
9. What is your favorite lift?
Clean and jerk.
10. What’s one movement you have to scale that you would like to RX?
I want to be able to RX it all one day, but I am particularly bad at OHS and Snatch.
11. What is your favorite WOD?
Fight Gone Bad.
12. What is your least favorite WOD?
Randy, snatches are not a strength
13. Did you ever think the sport of fitness (CrossFit) would be for you?
I never thought lifting weights would be my thing, even as a collegiate athlete they never cared if the soccer girls lifted weights and I avoided them. Until I started CrossFit, I never thought I could do some of the things I can now do, or for that matter ever have a bicep muscle. Thanks BTB!
14. If you can convince one person in your life to do CrossFit with you, who would it be?
I already got my wish. 6 months ago my wife, Summer, decided to start CrossFit at BTB and she has been loving it.
15. What is your all time favorite food?
Chips, salsa, cheese dip = my cheat day favorite
16. What is something that nobody knows about you, and you would not mind sharing?
Margaritas turn me into a kissing pirate.
17. What is your most memorable moment at BTB?
My first unassisted pull-up.
18. Why BTB Fitness?
BTB’s locations (one near my house, one by my office) is what got me to BTB, but it is really the coaches, owner, members, and programming that has kept me inspired and wanting to improve every day.